Cosmetic surgery is a procedure done to change somebody’s appearance. To many, it means redesigning contour and shape the body like enlarging the breasts, reshaping the nose among others.
There are many cosmetic surgery procedures that women and men can choose from so as to create the image, which makes them feel more comfortable and confident with their looks. Here are several types of cosmetic surgery in the world. Find out about the pricing for cosmetic surgery abroad.
Breast augmentation (augmentation mammoplasty)
Breast augmentation is a surgery done to increase the shape, size, or the fullness of the whole breast. It is done by placing saline, silicone, or other compound breast implants beneath the breast tissue or chest muscles. Implants usually last from an average of around seven to twelve years.
The procedure is done to:
- Enlarge the naturally tiny breasts
- Restore the size and shape of the breast after weight loss, pregnancy, or breastfeeding
- Restore proportion when the breasts are not proportional
- Restore the breast after undergoing surgery
Facelifts are a procedure done to repair loose, sagging, wrinkled, or drooping skin on the face. The facial tissues are raised, the excess skin is taken out, and the skin replaced over the repositioned contours. Facelifts are commonly done together with neck lifts.
A facelift is done to:
- Rejuvenate the skin so as to eliminate the signs of aging around the face and neck.
- To treat sagging in the face, deep creases on the nose and skin tone loss.
Rhinoplasty (nose surgery)
Rhinoplasty is a surgery that reshapes or repairs the nose. Several people choose this procedure for cosmetic reasons, while Others might have a health reason, like birth defects or difficulty in breathing.
Rhinoplasty can be done to:
- Reduce or Increase the size of the nose
- Correct nose problems after an injury
- Correct birth defects
- Improve or relieve breathing problems
- Change the bridge shape of the nose
- Modify the angle of the nose
Dermabrasion makes use of a specialized tool which rubs down the top layer of the skin gently. After the top coating of the skin is removed, that area heals, whereas a new skin grows and replaces the old one resulting in smoother skin. Dermabrasion is typically used for:
- Age spots
- Acne scars
- Lesions or growths on the skin
- Crow’s feet
- Skin damaged by the sun
Eyelid surgery (Blepharoplasty)
Blepharoplasty or an eye lift is a type of surgery that is done on the eyelids. The procedure is done to take out the excess skin in the upper eyelids and to reduce looseness in the lower eyelids. Blepharoplasty is done to:
- Improve the look of the upper as well as the lower eyelids.
- Treat swollenness in the eyelids sagging and lower eyelids.
A tummy tuck, which is also called abdominoplasty, is a surgery to remove too much fat and skin from the stomach (tummy) and to make the muscles of the abdomen tighter. Tummy tuck
- Removes surplus fat and skin around the stomach
- Forms a flatter, smoother, abdominal profile
Otoplasty (ear surgery)
Octoplasy is plastic surgery for reshaping the ears. The surgery is done to:
- Correct the size of the ears
- Improve the proportion position or the shape of the ear.
- May be used to treat protruding ears or macrotia (big ears).
It is procedure in which stubborn fat deposits are removed from certain body areas such as the stomach, thighs, chest and arms through a device that sucks out the target fat cells. It works best for patients who have fat deposits that they can’t get rid of through exercise and dietary measures alone. It is done to:
- Improve body shape and appearance.