The chia seed exists for thousands of years now and yet it just became popular in the last few years. It was used by the Aztecs for medical purposes but also as food for religious services.
The biggest advantages of consuming chia seed:
The chia seed is well-supplied with omega 3 fatty acids, fiber, and protein. It holds a considerable number of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Chia helps with fat-burning, strengthens the body and it is great for skin revivalism. Also, it has a great positive impact on the digestion system.
According to the nutritionists, this seed is excellent if you feel tired all the time because it influences the muscle work and dispenses energy in your body. This makes it largely used amongst the athletes. Chia seed consists of 37% nutritional fibers which encourage the work of the intestine system. Daily consumption of this seed can help you to prevent the colon cancer.
Why is it good to consume chia seed on daily basis:
- It’s gluten free
- It includes thrice more iron than spinach
- It regulates the blood sugar levels which makes it great for diabetics
- It encompasses 20% protein
- It boosts the digestion because it is abundant with fibers and helps in treating the diseases of the digestive system
- It holds 5 times more calcium than milk
- It is great for your brain and heart since it is one of the richest seeds with omega 3 fatty acids. It includes even 8 times more omega3 than the salmon.
- It contains 8 kinds of amino acids
- It has 4 times more antioxidants than the blueberries which make it one of the strongest antioxidants
- It is 7 times richer with vitamin C than the oranges
- It contains twice more potassium than bananas
- It strengthens the hair, nails and nourishes the skin
- It is very good substitute for eggs – you can mix it with water and then admix them in the meal instead of eggs
What is the recommended dose of chia seed consumption to feel the positive effects?
According to the nutritionists, you should consume one tablespoon of chia seed on daily basis and they also recommend to use it with a large quantity of water since this seed is very rich in fiber.
In which ways can you consume the chia seed?
The chia seed doesn’t have a strong taste. The easiest way is to infuse the seed into some smoothie or salad.
Another way is to immerse it in water and to leave it to sit for 15 minutes. The seed will become 10 times bigger in the water and that decreases the gastrointestinal hormones that tell you that you are “full”.
If you combine chia with coconut milk and combine it with almonds and pineapples, you will get an extremely healthy and tasty mixture. You can also add the seed into the bread or muffin dough.