Not treating your liver properly can be a cause for many serious health problems. The liver, with the help of vitamin K, produces proteins which are very important in blood clotting. Also, the liver helps in breaking down destructed or old blood cells.
Furthermore, the liver cells break down fats and produce energy which makes it extremely important organ in the metabolic processes.
Moreover, the liver is known as an organ that regenerates itself. It’s not difficult to maintain its health and treat it right and at the same time, it is one of the most significant organs.
Not treating the liver right increases the chances of getting a number of diseases or even worse problems.
The liver can be damaged by unhealthy nutrition, excessive drinking of alcohol, overweight and use of medications.
Tamarind is a healing method that has been used for ages in Asia and Africa. It eases the gastrointestinal discomfort and boosts the cardiovascular system. Also, it has many other health benefits which make it a great natural medicine.
The tamarind fruit protects your liver, it is a great body cleanser and fat eliminator. This fruit also lowers the cholesterol, boosts the digestion, cures any gall-bladder problems and improves the overall health.
How to Treat Fatty Liver Disease and Hepatitis
- Put two handfuls of peeled tamarind in a blender and add 1l of water. Blend it well and then filter it. Drink this during the day.
- You can prepare tamarind tea, too. Put 25 washed tamarind leaves and boil them with 1l of water for 15 minutes. Leave it to sit until it’s cool enough to drink it. If you want to sweeten the tea add some brown sugar or honey. Consume this beverage twice a day (one cup in the morning and one cum in the evening) to boost your health and improve the liver function.
The Health Benefits of Tamarind
- Tamarind fruit balances the digestion and normalizes constipation. You can feel an instant relief if you boil some tamarind and eat few tablespoons.
- This fruit also improves the function of the gall-blader and reduces the acidity level in the body.
- It is a great treatment for diarrhea.
- You can lower the fever by drinking tamarind tea.
- It is rich in vitamin C which is a great antioxidant and also is good for maintaining healthy gums.
- Tamarind reduces the harmful cholesterol levels thus improving the cardiovascular health.
- Fights against intestinal infections especially in children.
- It can reduce hepatitis.
- It is great for cancer prevention since it antioxidants contains phenols and naringenin.
- Its nutrients include iron, thiamin, phosphorus, copper, niacin, magnesium, fiber and calcium which make the tamarind a great health helper.