The daily diet which the average American consumes is very harmful. We put our body through much difficult time, when we consume genetically modified foods, fast foods and processed ‘quick and easy’ foods every single day.
And it is not only harmful about all the dangerous ingredients they contain, but also they have a negative effect on the body’s pH levels.
Our body needs to have an alkaline environment in order to be healthy, and when we consume a lot of fast food, the intake of acidic foods is too high.
And in case we consume more acidic food, the pH level of the blood can transform from the alkaline to the dangerous acidic level. This make the body to be more prone to disease due to the negative effect it has on the body.
Even if you do not have any problems with the pH levels of the blood – meaning you are consuming plenty of healthy food; these alkaline food can also be very beneficial for other reasons and improve your overall health.
Here are the top 5 Alkaline Foods
All types of melon are beneficial in cleaning the colon, and they are great alkaline food with the pH level of 8.5. Watermelon is extremely beneficial because it is rich in fiber and has 92% water.
2. Olive Oil
Olive oil is abundant in monounsaturated fatty acids and vitamin E.
3. Swiss Chard
Swiss chard is another alkaline food and it also contains anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties, and it also has the power to eliminate the free radical in the body.
Buckwheat is a great replacement for wheat. It will boost your energy in the morning and it can also hinder cardiovascular disease.
Flaxseed is another great alkaline food which is also rich in vitamin E and fiber. They are also beneficial during menopause because they reduce the hot flashes and inflammation.
Here are some other Alkaline Foods
- Avocado – is rich in monounsaturated fats and protects the heart.
- Alfalfa Sprouts – abundant in enzymes which balance the hormones and are very easy to digest.
- Bananas – they are extremely beneficial when ripen.
- Berries – rich in antioxidants.
- Broccoli – they can lower the cholesterol when steamed.
- Brussels Sprouts – can hinder cancer.
- Cauliflower – can replace the bread.
- Carrots – are very beneficial for the vision because they are rich in beta-carotene.
- Cucumber – will make your skim healthier and it will look younger due to its content of 90% water.
- Garlic – can reduce high blood pressure.
- Grapefruit – is rich in vitamins A and C.
- Grapes – rich in antioxidants and multivitamins and also regulate the blood pressure.
- Lemons – are the most alkalizing food, and they are beneficial in case of flu, cough and cold.
- Mango – cleanses the colon.
- Oranges – beneficial in case of a cold.
- Papaya – cleanses the colon due to it laxative properties.
- Parsley – cleanses the intestines.
- Pineapple – beneficial in weight loss.
- Sauerkraut – they can increase the probiotics in your diet
- Seaweeds – are very powerful acid reducers and are rich in iron.
- Spinach – is very rich in vitamins.
- Quinoa – regulates healthy blood sugars.