Many people worldwide are experiencing sleeping problems each night. Insomnia is the most frequent sleeping problem and it is a major problem for millions of people around the world, and it also affects their everyday life, causing many difficulties.
People, who are experiencing insomnia, usually look for a solution in the sleeping pills which are packed with dangerous chemicals instead of using natural traditional medicine. This is wrong. So if you are having problems with insomnia, we suggest you to try and search for a natural remedy to treat your problem.
Here in this article, you can read about one natural remedy that is highly beneficial in treating insomnia. It will improve your sleep and also make you feel better and wake up well rested and fresh in the morning.
This recipe only has 2 highly beneficial and simple ingredients. Cinnamon and honey!
Honey is a very healthy water solution that contains two sugars which are easily and faster broken down by our body. It is much healthier and nutritious than sugar and it is also much sweeter. Honey is slowly absorbed in the body’s blood stream because it has a low Glycemic index.
Many scientists have proved in many researches that honey is highly beneficial with sleeping problems and it is powerful in restoring and promoting sleep in 2 different ways. The first one is that it is capable to offer the needed amount of liver glycogen and supplies the body with it while we are sleeping, when levels actually get lower.
The average liver in adults has just 75-100 grams of free space for storing glycogen, and this space can be different in men and women and also depends on the size of the body.
Each hour the body uses 10 grams of glycogen during daytime, and this means that when we go to sleep at about 11 o’clock the stores are almost empty.
40 Health benefits of raw honey
- Boosts the immunity
- It is very rich in antioxidants, minerals and vitamins
- It contains powerful antifungal and antibacterial properties
- Increases the energy and reduces fatigue
- Treats sore throat
- Helps the growth of the good bacteria in the intestine
- Helps in losing weight. Just consume a mixture of lemon and honey with warm water on an empty stomach
- Hinders heart disease by regulating blood flow
- Improves your vision. Just make a mixture with carrot juice and 2 tablespoons of honey and drink this every day.
- Treats pain and inflammation
- Alkalizes body’s pH
- It has the power to disinfect wounds and treats burns. Just make a mixture with garlic and honey and put it on the wounds and it will clean it
- It hinders low white blood cell count
- Eliminates the bacteria that causes acne
- Relieves acid reflux and improves digestion
- It contains phytonutrients which have anti-cancer and anti-tumor properties
- Treats pollen allergies. All you need to do is consume 1 teaspoon of raw honey several times a day
- Lowers the risk of ulcers and gastrointestinal problems
- Eliminates the parasites from colon and liver
- It is very helpful in treating eczema, just make a mixture with black pepper, ginger and honey
- It is also very beneficial in treating hangover. Just prepare a mixture with 80ml of orange juice, 70ml of organic yogurt and 15ml of raw honey
- Lowers the metabolic stress
- Helps with anxiety
- It is also very helpful in eliminating dandruff and scalp problems
- It is also helpful in building stamina in athletes
- Helps in case of morning sickness
- Lowers the levels of cholesterol. Just make a mixture with 16 ounces of tea, 3 tablespoons of cinnamon and 2 tablespoons of honey
- Helps with hay fever. Consume 1 tablespoon of honey when you get up
- It has the ability to clear sinuses. Just make a mixture of honey and 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger juice and drink this 2-3 times a day
- It is beneficial in case of hiccups
- It is beneficial in treatment of arthritis. Just make a mixture of 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, 2 parts of lukewarm water and 1 part honey. After massage the affected skin when you feel the itching.
- Aids with bad breath. Consume a mixture of cinnamon and 1 teaspoon of honey in warm water
- It acts as a moisturizer to your skin. Massage the skin gently with a mixture of 2 tablespoons of warm water
- Helps relieve toothache. Just make a paste with cinnamon and honey and put it in the painful area on the tooth
- It is beneficial with problem with pink eye. Just make a mixture with one cup of water and 1 teaspoon of honey and heat it in order to melt the honey. Then leave it to cool down and put it in the infected eye using and eye dropper.
- Helps with leg cramps. Just make a mixture of 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and 1 tablespoon of honey and drink it before bedtime
- It is very beneficial in treating headaches. Just drink a mixture of half a glass of water with some honey
It is recommended to always use organic honey because all the nutrients and the beneficial enzymes are destroyed in the manufacturing process
It is very beneficial to use the raw honey that is grown in your local area. It offers your body the needed immune stimulating properties to make it easier to adapt to the environment.