If you love eating this sweet snack – Reese’s peanut butter cups, you should avoid it immediately and there are more than enough reasons for that. These cups can be found everywhere and avoiding them might be difficult.
So start searching for another thing as a snack, and do not consume the Reese’s cups as a sweet snack anymore.
Mr. Reese presented this sweet butter cups in 1928. Reese was also a shipping foreman for Milton S. Hershey.
This sweet snack made him to the dairy farming business and it also make an excellent start for the candy company to be built even though he first started it in his basement.
Today these cups are made in different sizes, varieties and shapes. We are all fans of peanut butter and chocolate, but do we really like to consume TBHQ as well?
Here are the main ingredients in these cups are: milk chocolate ( cocoa butter, soy lecithin, sugar, no fat milk, chocolate, milk, lactose, PGPR, milk fat) citric acid, TBHQ, salt, sugar dextrose and peanuts.
In our country, more than 93% of the soy is genetically modified. This has a big impact on reproduction and fertility. It is also the reason for cerebral and behavioral abnormalities and many experts say that it can also cause development of abnormal breast cancer cells.
PGPR – polyglycerol polyricinoleate replaces the cocoa butter in production in order to save money. PGPR is made from castor beans and it has the ability to lower the viscosity of chocolate. Many experts have proved that PGPR is the reason for many gastrointestinal problems and also lead to allergies in children.
Tertiary butylhidroquinone is highly toxic and it is gotten from petroleum. TBHQ can lead to collapse, delirium, ringing in the ears, vomiting and nausea. It can also cause major damage to the umbilical cells and the lungs. Some experts consider it to be also the cause for stomach cancer. TBHQ can also lead to intensified symptoms, restlessness and anxiety in children.
Homemade organic peanut butter cups
Even though Reese’s peanut butter cups have an amazing taste, you still want to protect your health, right? If you love peanut butter, here is one recipe for you. You can prepare your own peanut butter cups or just buy organic peanut butter cups.
- 12 oz organic dark chocolate
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 12 muffin tin liners
- 1 cup organic peanut butter
- ¼ teaspoon organic salt
- Cut the muffin cups inside to make them shallow.
- Put the chocolate on heat for 1-2 minutes to melt, but be careful not to overcook.
- Then put the chocolate inside the muffin cups with a teaspoon. Then freeze them.
- Take another bowl and mix the honey, salt and the peanut butter. Then put the mixture on a medium heat to make it warm.
- Then take out the frozen cups and pour the mixture on them, but leave some space for another layer of chocolate on top.
- Put the peanut butter cups in the fridge for another 10 minutes and after smooth the butter, and return them in the fridge for 60 minutes.
- Because the chocolate has harden by this time, put it on heat again and then pour it over the cups, and put them back in the fridge.
The homemade peanut butter cups are ready. There is a video below where you can watch a vegan-friendly version for the cups.