Many young adults at the age of 20-30 are affected with the premature hair graying. This hair problem is usually caused by some diseases or disorders such as hormonal variation, genetic susceptibility, anxiety, malnutrition, thyroid disorders, colds and sinus infections.
The main reason for this condition is the deficit of the melanin, the pigment that gives the hair its color. As the ages go by, the activity of this pigment decreases and the body slowly stops it production.
However, some natural cures can help you deal about this problem even better than the usual chemical medicines or hair colors. Also, you need to have healthy and balanced nutrition because the absence of certain vitamins and minerals such as iron, iodine, copper and vitamin B can advance this hair problem.
Here are the best 10 home medicines for premature graying of hair:
1. Indian Gooseberry
The Indian gooseberry, amla, is excellent for a number of hair issues such hair loss, early graying or dull hair. It has great antioxidant concentration and it is rich with vitamin C which makes it very good anti-aging product. You can also employ amla oil or amla pulp on your hair.
Heat some dried Indian gooseberries or amla powder in a coconut oil until boiling. When the oil is cooled, apply it on your hair and scalp and leave it at least one hour before you wash your hair. The best would be to leave it there overnight. It is recommended to repeat this treatment at least two times a week.
- Moreover, you can mix 1 tablespoon of its pulp and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and massage the scalp before you go to bed. Then, just wash it out in the morning.
- Or, combine amla juice with almond oil (you can optionally add lime juice). This will decrease the graying and at the same time, boost the healthy growth of your hair.
2. Curry Leaves
Make a great hair tonic that will increase the pigmentation of your hair by combining the curry leaves with coconut oil.
- Put 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and fresh curry leaves in a pot and boil the mixture.
- Massage your hair with this tonic and wash it out after 30-45 minutes.
- Repeat this treatment two times a week.
- Also, you can consume this beverage every day.
The henna will darken your hair but also it will moisturize it and strengthen it.
- Smash some henna leaves and mix them with 1 tablespoon of coffee powder, 3 tablespoons of amla powder and some yogurt. Employ this combination on your hair and let it dry. After that wash it regularly. Do this it once in a period of 2-4 weeks.
- Another alternative is to boil some henna leaves with mustard or coconut oil and apply that mixture on your hair.
- You can also blend henna powder and hot black coffee. Cover your hair with this mask and let it sit for couple of hours before you wash it.
4. Coconut Oil and Lemon Juice
Coconut oil boosts hair growth, it is a great hair moisturizer, and it also fights against infections. If you use it regularly, its great antioxidant concentration can evoke the graying of your hair.
- Mix coconut oil with 3 tablespoons of lemon juice, put it on your hair and scalp. Let it stay for an hour and then wash it.
- Repeat this process once a week
5. Rosemary and Sage
- Boil 2 cups of water, ½ cup of dried rosemary and ½ cup of dried sage and then let it cool.
- Rinse your hair with this combination after shampooing and wash it after 15 minutes.
- Repeat this once a week.
6. Blackstrap Molasses
This is very powerful home medicine that will protect your hair from graying. It contains a high amount of copper which, boosts the pigment production. The blackstrap molasses consumption provides your body with 14% of the daily recommended dose of copper. Also, it includes other minerals such magnesium, iron and selenium. Consume 1 tablespoon in the morning for several months.
7. Onion Juice
According to some studies, the premature graying of the hair is caused by hydrogen peroxide amass in the hair follicles and a reduction in the catalase, a natural antioxidant. Onion juice enhances the production of this antioxidant which makes it great remedy for such hair issues.
- Put onion juice on your scalp and massage it for about 30 minutes.
- Repeat this every day for several weeks.
8. Black Tea
Black tea is will darken your hair but more importantly, it will make it softer and will give it more shine.
- Boil 2 tablespoons of black tea in a water with 1 teaspoon of salt
- Let it cool and wash your hair and then let it stay for 20 minutes before you rinse your hair with cold water without shampoo.
- Do this once or twice a week.
Adding some coffee to your hair conditioner will also darken your hair.
Amaranth will prevent your hair loss and your hair graying. Moreover, it will give your natural hair color back.
- After you wash your hair regularly, employ an amaranth juice on it.
- Wash it out with water.
10. Black Sesame Seeds
These seeds are considered to support the melanocyte activity to produce melanin which makes them great in premature hair graying fight. Also, they are rich in magnesium, phosphorus, protein, copper and iron. It is recommendable to consume 1 teaspoon of these seeds for at least 3 months. Moreover, you can as well apply some sesame oil on your hair.
Be patient and repeat these treatments on regular basis to see their positive effects!